Close Menu
National Update
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    National UpdateNational Update
    • News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Security
    National Update
    Home»Sports

    Sports minister inaugurates 12-man panel to produce documentary of athletes’ exploits

    National UpdateBy National UpdateAugust 19, 2022 Sports No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr Sunday Dare has inaugurated 12-man Committee saddled with Production and Second Launch of the Sports Book of Record, with a view to documenting athletes’ achievements for posterity.
    A statement issued by director of press and public Relations Muhammed Manga indicated that the Federal Government had earlier set up a 12-man Committee for the successful Production and Second Launch of the Sports Book of Record.
    While inaugurating the Committee on friday in his office in Abuja, the statement quoted Dare to have called on them to work assiduously towards ensuring the production and launch of a one stop shop document for the country’s sportsmen and women as well as their achievements, both past and present.

    This he said, is to ensure that the sacrifices and patriotic zeal of the athletes are written in gold and documented accordingly.

    Represented by the Ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Ismaila Abubakar, Dare charged the Committee to be proactive and approach the assignment with utmost responsibility and patriotism.
    He also urging them to bring their wealth of experience to bear in ensuring a successful production and launching of the Record Book.
    According to him, the Sports Book of Record is a Compendium chronicling the achievements of Nigeria’s sports men and women over the years. “It is expected to serve as a reference research material for the athletes and younger generation”, he said.
    Dare highlighted the Committee’s terms of reference among others to include, putting in place all necessary logistics for a successful launching; identifying prominent Nigerian sports stakeholders and organisations that will sponsor the Book and suggesting names of sports men and women to receive meritorious awards at the launch.

    Responding, the Chairman of the Committee and Director, Planning, Research and Statistics, (PRS) of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, Ms Victoria Agbo, thanked the leadership of the Ministry for the opportunity granted to them to serve in this capacity and pledged the Committee’s commitment to the successful production and launching of the Record Book.

    National Update

    Keep Reading

    Richmond Set for Sporting Royalty as NUKSA 2026 Celebrates Nigeria-UK Excellence

    96 Years Of Waiting: Can Ajayi End Nigeria’s Men’s 100M Curse In Glasgow?

    Spain Edge Argentina in Extra Time to Win 2026 FIFA World Cup

    FIFA Releases 33-Item Stadium Ban List Ahead of World Cup, Warns of Arrest for Violations

    NIS DG Shaibu Visits Emmanuel Okala, Charts Roadmap to Revive Nigerian Sports

    Arokodare Strike Seals Vital Win as Eagles Survive Rwanda Scare

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    National Update
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 National Update. Designed by Lamark Cre8ives.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.